Business Process Optimization
Business process Optimization examines the efficiency and effectiveness of a company's most critical processes. It is a key enabler to deliver the highest quality of service, in the most productive way, at the most competitive cost and time to output.
KnowledgeSpace works with each client to prioritize key processes based on the value at stake. For each priority process we develop a view of the current state based on operational data, using detailed process maps and analysis to help identify major gaps. We then work together with a cross-functional client team to define a series of principles that will guide the solution generation phase, and create a vision of the future state of each process from the ground up, along with the roadmap to achieve the near and long term results.
We work very closely with our clients in this type of project, enlisting a team from all the functional areas impacted at the leadership and the solution generation level. This allows us to eliminate waste, unnecessary wait times, reports, handovers and signoffs, while ensuring the integrity of the process.
Our Delivery Structure
Step 1: Process Definition & Documentation
Understanding how end-to-end processes work, the inter-relationships between them and how they contribute value to producing products or delivering services is fundamental to process improvement and operational effectiveness.
Step 2: Process Assessment and Value Targeting
Although process improvement can typically drive value in all parts of the business, it is important to focus initial efforts on areas that provide the largest performance impact (e.g., cost, quality, service). This helps drive early financial benefits as well as builds momentum for change.
Step 3: Lean / Six Sigma Process Improvement
Dissecting and understanding root cause for process performance is critical to effective process improvement. Many proven techniques exist for process improvement including Lean, Six Sigma, TQM, etc. KnowledgeSpace’s point of view is that no single approach works in all situations. We employ the approach that best suits your organization.
Step 4: Process Improvement Enablement
KnowledgeSpace has the methods, tools and experience to successfully help our clients establish a core capability around process improvement, management and continuous improvement. To do this, KnowledgeSpace often works with clients to develop a process ‘Center of Excellence’ (COE). The purpose of the COE is to enable process improvement from within the organization via education and training, standardized toolsets and methodologies, recruiting and developing resources, implementing enabling technologies such as BPM and Business Process Monitoring / Measurement and organizing, prioritizing and governing process improvement projects via a PMO function.
- Reduced Risk: Business process improvement helps you highlight activities to automate, reducing human error and adding additional security measures to protect company data.
- Productivity: By introducing processes and systems, you can automate routine tasks. This enables employees reallocate time to core aspects of their job.
- Customer Satisfaction – By upgrading your technology solutions and cutting down time spent on administrative tasks, your employees are free to focus on real-time collaboration with customers
- Employee Satisfaction: Smoother procedures lead to a happier workforce, resulting in higher productivity and revenue.
- Compliance – If you don’t have a flexible system in place to handle end-to-end compliance, you could face unforeseen penalties.
- Agility – Nimble processes are critical for staying competitive. With BPO, you can constantly improve processes to adapt to changing business needs.