Below are some of the career opportunities after passing the Cisco CCNA 200-301 certification exam.
- Help Desk Technician
- Network Support Technician
- Entry-level Network Engineer
- Network Engineer
- System Engineer (IT and Computer Networking)
- Software Engineer
- Technical Support Engineer
- Network Administrator
- Information Technology Manager
There are no prerequisites for this course except basic grasp of Network Fundamentals and exam topics.
What are the prerequisites for this exam?
There are no official prerequisites for the certification exam. However, Cisco recommends that a candidate should have:
- Good grasps of network fundamentals
- Have an understanding of all exam topics.
- One or more years of experience with computer networking and Cisco equipment
What is the exam registration fee? USD 300
Where do I take the exam? Pearson VUE
What is the format of the exam?
- Multiple-choice single answer
- Multiple-choice multiple answer
How many questions are asked in the exam? The exam contains 120 questions.
What is the duration of the exam? 120 minutes
What is the passing score? Varies, but it is traditionally around 800-850
What is the exam's retake policy? The policies for retaking exams are as follows:
- Candidates who fail an Associate, Professional, or Specialist exam must wait a period of five (5) calendar days, beginning the day after the failed attempt, before they may retest for the same exam.
- Candidates who fail any Cisco Certified Internetwork Experts (CCIE) certification or Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE) written exam must wait for a period of 15 calendar days, beginning the day after the failed attempt, before retaking the same exam.
- Once passed, a candidate must wait a minimum of 180 days before taking the same exam with an identical exam number.
- Candidates who violate these policies are in violation of the agreement. Such conduct is strictly prohibited as described in the Cisco certification and confidentiality agreement.
What is the validity of the certification? Exams for associate and professional level certifications are valid for three years from the date you pass.
Where can I find more information about this exam? To know more about the 200-301, click here.