Below are some of the career paths and potential opportunities after passing the CISM exam.
- Chief Information Officer.
- Information Security Manager.
- Information Security Consultant.
- Information Technology Consultant.
- Systems Analyst.
- Security Product Manager.
- IT Directors & Managers.
- Security System Engineers
- Security Auditors
- Risk Officers
There are no prerequisites to learn CISM® from this tutorial. However, to get the CISM® certification you need to:
- Pass the CISM® examination.
- Apply for CISM® Certification.
- Adhere to the Code of Professional Ethics
- Dedicate to the Continuing Professional Education Program
- Compliance with the Information Security Standards
The examination is open to anyone with an interest in information security. A minimum of 5 years of professional information systems auditing, control or security work experience is required for the CISM® certification.
What is the exam registration fee? ISACA Member: USD 575, ISACA Non-Member: USD 760
Where do I take the exam? PSI Testing Centers
What is the format of the exam? The exam consists of multiple-choice questions.
What are the pre-requisites of the exam? ISACA has the following pre-requisites for CISM certification exam:
- Attain and report an annual minimum of twenty (20) CPE hours. These hours must be appropriate to the currency or advancement of the CISM s knowledge or ability to perform CISM-related tasks. The use of these hours towards meeting the CPE requirements for multiple ISACA certifications is permissible when the professional activity is applicable to satisfying the job-related knowledge of each certification.
- Submit annual CPE maintenance fees to ISACA International Headquarters in full.
- Attain and report a minimum of one hundred and twenty (120) CPE hours for a three-year reporting period.
- Submit required documentation of CPE activities if selected for the annual audit.
- Comply with ISACA's Code of Professional Ethics.
How many questions are asked in the exam? 200 questions.
What is the duration of the exam? 240 minutes
What is the passing score? 450
What is the exam's retake policy?
If you do not pass the exam, you can retake the exam a maximum of three (3) times in a twelve-month period, ISACA has implemented the following retake policy:
- Individuals have 4 attempts within a rolling twelve-month period to pass the exam. If you don’t pass the exam on the first attempt, you can retake the exam a total of 3 more times within 12 months from the date of the first attempt.
- Retake 1 (attempt 2): Customers must wait 30 days from the date of the first attempt.
- Retake 2 (attempt 3): Customers must wait 90 days after the date of the second attempt.
- Retake 3 (attempt 4): Customers must wait 90 days after the date of the third attempt.
What is the validity of the certification? CISM certification expires after three years from date of issue, after which the certification holder will need to renew their certification. Click here for more Information.
Where can I find more information about this exam? To know more about the CISM, Click Here.
- Do you provide a course completion certificate? Yes, we provide a Course Completion Certificate for all training courses.
- Do you provide group discounts? Yes, we do. Pls Talk to us to Enquire.
- After enrolling for the training Course from KnowledgeSpace, how can I get clarification for my course related questions?
We have a team of expert trainers on hand to help with your questions. Contact us at hello@Kspacetc.com
for any questions.
- What happens after paying for a course? You will receive your course access credentials via email within 24 hrs of purchase, typically earlier than this.
- Can I get an extension of my access after expiry? Yes, this is possible. There will be a small cost attributed to this. Feel free to Contact Us for specific extension requests.