Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Penetration Testing
Chapter 3: Planning and Scoping Penetration Tests
Chapter 4: Information Gathering
Chapter 5: Vulnerability Scanning
Chapter 6: Analyzing Vulnerability Scans
Chapter 7: Exploiting and Pivoting
Chapter 8: Exploiting Network Vulnerabilities
Chapter 9: Exploiting Physical and Social Vulnerabilities
Chapter 10: Exploiting Application Vulnerabilities
Chapter 11: Attacking Hosts, Cloud Technologies, and Specialized Systems
Chapter 12: Reporting and Communication
Chapter 13: Scripting for Penetration Testing
Hands on Activities (Live Labs)
- Information Gathering
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Analyzing Vulnerability Scans
- Exploiting and Pivoting
- Exploiting Network Vulnerabilities
- Exploiting Physical and Social Vulnerabilities
- Exploiting Application Vulnerabilities
- Attacking Hosts, Cloud Technologies, and Specialized Systems
- Scripting for Penetration Testing
Below are some of the career paths and potential opportunities after passing the CompTIA Pentest+ Exam.
- Penetration Tester,
- Security Analyst,
- Security Consultant,
- Vulnerability Analyst,
- Web App Penetration Tester
- Vulnerability Tester
- Network Security Engineer
- Application Security Engineer
What are the prerequisites for this exam?
- Network+, Security+ or equivalent knowledge.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on information security or related experience.
- While there is no required prerequisite, PenTest+ is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, hands-on focus.
CompTIA PenTest+ PT0-002 exam requires a candidate to demonstrate hands-on ability to complete a penetration testing scenario and mitigate security weaknesses and vulnerabilities, as well as how to exploit them. PenTest+ assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks.
- What is the exam registration fee? $370 USD
- Where do I take the exam? Pearson VUE
- What is the format of the exam? Performance-based and multiple choice
- How many questions are asked in the exam? The exam contains Maximum of 85 questions.
- What is the duration of the exam? 165 minutes
- What is the passing score? 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
- What is the exam's retake policy?
- If you fail your first (1st) attempt to pass any CompTIA certification examination, CompTIA does not require any waiting period between the first (1st) and second (2nd) attempt to pass such examination.
- Before your third (3rd) attempt or any subsequent attempt to pass such examination, you shall be required to wait for a period of at least fourteen (14) calendar days from the date of your last attempt to pass such examination.
- What is the validity of the certification? Normally three years after launch
- Where can I find more information about this exam? Know more about the PT0-002