Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Today's Security Professional
Chapter 3: Cybersecurity Threat Landscape
Chapter 4: Malicious Code
Chapter 5: Social Engineering, Physical, and Password Attacks
Chapter 6: Security Assessment and Testing
Chapter 7: Secure Coding
Chapter 8: Cryptography and the Public Key Infrastructure
Chapter 9: Identity and Access Management
Chapter 10: Resilience and Physical Security
Chapter 11: Cloud and Virtualization Security
Chapter 12: Endpoint Security
Chapter 13: Network Security
Chapter 14: Wireless and Mobile Security
Chapter 15: Incident Response
Chapter 16: Digital Forensics
Chapter 17: Security Policies, Standards, and Compliance
Chapter 18: Risk Management and Privacy
Hands on Activities (Live Labs)
- Malicious Code
- Social Engineering, Physical, and Password Attacks
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Secure Coding
- Cryptography and the Public Key Infrastructure
- Identity and Access Management
- Resilience and Physical Security
- Endpoint Security
- Network Security
- Incident Response
- Digital Forensics
- Security Policies, Standards, and Compliance
Below are some of the career paths and potential opportunities after passing the exam.
- Security Engineer
- Security Architect
- Security Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Systems Administrator
- Security Consultant/Specialist
- Helpdesk Manager / Analyst
- Network / Cloud Engineer
- Security Analyst
- DevOps / Software Developer
- IT Auditors
- IT Project Manager
What are the prerequisites for this exam? CompTIA Network+ and two years of experience in IT administration with a focus on security.
- What is the exam registration fee? USD 392
- Where do I take the exam? PearsonVue
- What is the format of the exam? Multiple choice and performance-based questions
- How many questions are asked in the exam? The exam contains 90 questions.
- What is the duration of the exam? 90 minutes
- What is the passing score? 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
- What’s the validity of the exam? 3 years
- What is the exam's retake policy?
If you fail your first attempt at passing the SY0-601 examination, CompTIA retake policy is:
- CompTIA does not require a waiting period between the first and second attempt to pass such examination. However, if you need a third or subsequent attempt to pass the examination, you shall be required to wait for a period of at least fourteen calendar days from the date of your last attempt before you can retake the exam.
- If a candidate has passed an exam, he/she cannot take it again without prior consent from CompTIA.
- A test result found to be in violation of the retake policy will not be processed, which will result in no credit awarded for the test taken. Repeat violators will be banned from participation in the CompTIA Certification Program.
- Candidates must pay the exam price each time they attempt the exam. CompTIA does not offer free re-tests or discounts on retakes.
Where can I find more info about this exam? Know more about SY0-601.